Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chocolate Avocado Mousse Pie

And the avocado makes another appearance in my latest dessert. I now have an entire label (on right navigation bar) dedicated solely to avocados. I won't gush about how sublime avocados are since I've done that in previous posts. I'll just gush about how delicious this pie was. Smooth and creamy filling, chocolatey but not overly rich, flakey and crisp crust. Great dessert for the end of summer. 

  The pie crust was gift from Erin. If you need a trusty pie crust recipe, use the recipe from my pop-tart post.

Chocolate Avocado Mousse:

Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe avocados (the ripper the better)
  • 3/4 c cocoa
  • 3/4 c honey 
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract


Directions:
Scoop out avocado flesh and beat with mixing machine until creamy. I've use a food processor for this in the past but I think the hand held mixer worked a lot better. Add cocoa, honey and vanilla. Beat on high until fluffy and smooth. Bake pie crust at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Let cool before filling with mousse. Decorate, if you feel so inclined. 









No comments:

Post a Comment