Monday, May 31, 2010

Sweet & Savory Veg Burgers




Recipe by me! I literally just threw a bunch of random things from my kitchen into a bowl and onto the grill. The result was fairly successful I think. I was inspired to mix soy sauce with maple syrup from the hot meal at the co-op a few weeks ago. They served breakfast for lunch--pancakes with syrup and tofu scramble. The syrup was sweat and savory. I wish I knew the recipe. I know there was definitely soy sauce in it. These burgers turned out pretty decent. They were just a little too wet. Didn't stick together on the grill. If I hadn't used aluminum foil they would have completely fallen through the grill. Come to think of it, I have never made a vegetarian burger that had the perfect consistency you get from using ground meat. If anyone knows the secret, tell me!

1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/4 bread crumbs
1/2 zucchini, graded
1 carrot, graded
5 baby tomatoes, cut into quarters
2 TBS red re-fried beans
1 egg
1 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS maple syrup
1 TBS fresh dill, chopped
1 TBS sunflower seeds
2 cloves garlic, chopped
pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment